Friday 27 November 2009

I have snakes in mind.

Sly like the reach you palm the crown
and blind me like a rat for attention
well suited to use us for parlor esteem
with weapons you choose not to mention
but he just doesn't mind staying quiet
while tracing like a child with a knife
you compare the lingering smiles of ghosts
as they lament and protest about life
convict us for thoughts and elective repose
with the advice we neglected to citation
competing through politics, religion and love
for the trophy of our destructive invention
sharp and quick like the wit of rabbits but
he's got wolves on the tip of his tongue
and she will slice the throats of lovers
if her mother just repeats to her, it's fun.
You crave the ward for a patent smile
and shiver for my breath on your lips
he watches me step with taming grace
and hopes you don't lean in for a kiss
do tour the prints of thieves and taste
the stray of my forbidding routine
as you prize glances I snare restrained
like a knight for the praise of his queen
his luck has it's way of sleeping
your walls retire at the end of the night
while I find the right pose to hold
and tell you, stop fucking with my life.